Game – Selfish Space
A game where your friends are enemies in space.
How far would you go to save yourself? Selfish behavior and utter ruthlessness will be needed to stay alive in this game. Only one astronaut can get home on the remaining oxygen supplies and you must battle against wormholes, asteroid fields, laser blasts, and most dangerous of all, each other, to win! Full of clever puns and pop culture references, this ruthless strategy card game – Selfish Space includes 5 player cards, 1 spaceship card, 42 space cards, 48 oxygen cards, 30 game cards, a place marker, and instructions for 2 or more players. Let the adventure begin!
- Place the mission guide on the right side along the edge of the playing surface. According to the guide, you then place the spaceship on top of the playing surface.
- Have each player choose their astronaut card. Place the astronaut cards in the bottom row (according to the mission guide) next to each other. You now have the 6 spaces you need to reach the spaceship and win.
- Deal 1 double oxygen card and 4 single oxygen cards to each player. Shuffle the remaining cards and deal 4 more cards (unrevealed cards) to each player. Shuffle the space cards and place the pile on the table.
- Each of your moves has 3 phases. Phase 1: Take a space card from the pile and add it to the others in your hand. Phase 2: In this phase you can play as many action cards as you want. If you don’t want to or don’t have any action cards, you move to phase 3. Phase 3: in this phase, you have to breathe or travel. Use a single oxygen card to stay where you are, or use a double oxygen card to move 1 space forward.
- Each time you move an astronaut forward on the field, you take a card from the space card pile, place it in the position where your astronaut was before the move, and follow the instructions on the card. The game is then continued by the player on the left.
- If you run out of oxygen cards during the game, you die, which means that the game is over for you. You turn the astronaut card around in the position where it is located, revealing the inscription “game over”. You keep the remaining cards.
- The game can end in 2 ways: everyone dies and there is no winner, or a lucky astronaut reaches the spaceship and wins.
For detailed instructions and gameplay in the case of special cards, watch the video below:
Check out our range of games, coupons and books here.