Game – Selfish Zombie
A game, where only the ruthless survive!
Selfish behavior and utter ruthlessness will be needed to stay alive in this game – Selfish Zombie! Only one person can survive the zombie apocalypse and get to the safety of the rescue helicopter. Will it be you…?
- To set up the game, each player selects a Survival Card. Line them up horizontally, alive side up. On the left of the Survival Cards, you place a Survival Guide with the Chopper Card centered on the top of the playing area.
- Now you have to travel forward 6 spaces to reach the chopper and win. The Game Card deck contains a mixture of Supplies Cards and Action Cards. Deal one Double Supplies Card and four Single Supplies Cards to each player. Shuffle the remaining Game Cards and deal a further four random Game Cards to each player, side down. Each player should now have 9 cards. Place the remaining deck to the right side of the playing area, face down. Underneath leave a space for a discard pile.
- Each turn has 3 phases: Phase 1 – Pick up a Game Card from the top of the deck and add it to your hand. Phase 2 – at this point on your turn, you can play as many action cards as you want or you can play none. If you want to play an Action Card, place it face up on the Game Card discard pile. Follow the instructions on the card to complete the action. If you’ve finished playing actions, or choose not to play any, proceed to Phase 3. Phase 3 – from this point on, you can’t play any more Action Cards. Now, you must choose whether you want to remain where you are or travel forward in the Wasteland. If you want to stay where you are, you must place 1 Supplies Card face up onto the discard pile.
- To move forward 1 space, you must place 2 Supplies Cards (either 2 Singles or 1 Double Supplies Card) faceup on the discard pile. You can do this only once, and it ends your turn.
- Play then continues clockwise around the table. If you run out of supplies at any time, you die! You can no longer win the game, but you can carry on playing as a zombie, hell-bent on eating any player who is still alive.
- If you play as a zombie, discard any remaining cards and flip your Survivor Card to show the zombie side. Now your goal is to eat the other players and turn them into zombies.
- First, you roll the dice. This tells you the number of things you can do on your turn – these are called ‘’action points’’. You can use action points to attack a living player on the same level as you – you take one card from their hand and place it in the discard pile. Each attack costs you 1 action point. You can move forward or backward to reach the living players. Each level costs you 1 action point.
- The game ends in two ways: If everyone turns into a zombie, there is to winner. Or one player reaches the chopper first and wins the game.
For detailed instructions and gameplay in the case of special cards, watch the video below:
Check out our range of games, coupons and books here.